March 18, 2012

If you're a bird I'm a bird.

We have been having such rainy, cold weather here. After 3 months of Zachary being sick I am eager to get out of this house. Today I was on my workshop in the Bloom forum and we had an assignment to try out different lighting than we are used to. Zachary was climbing all over this vintage suitcase his grandma got me that I carry props to my shoots in. the sun looked like it was breaking through the clouds finally, so I swooped him up, threw on a sweater and rainout of the house to chase the light and play. Well, by the time we got to the location it had gone back to hibernating behind the clouds. I happen to love shooting in overcast light so still began shooting. It was freezing. He as hungry and tired. He hates hats. There was goose poo everywhere and he kept falling over. What was I thinking? Needless to say it didnt last long. This is what we got while there:


Reminds me of the Notebook a little. I had no idea there would be so many geese. Pretty cool! I was nervous one would attack him so we stayed a little bit away at all times.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I never wouldn't have guessed that wasn't the IDEAL day for both of you unless I read about it. Looks fantastic! But that's the power of a great photographer right?

Tenley Clark said...

Haha yes. The power of a photograph right? All you need is one smile and to not show the teary eyes and face planting in grass filled with goose poo =) So often parents at a shoot will leave thinking their kid was a crazy mess who wouldn't sit still and there's no way we got something and then will be blown away when they get a gallery back of smiles and beautiful images.

LadyMimi said...

A!!!Dorable!

Tina said...

Great shots. I luv looking at your photos.

Post a Comment