February 21, 2012

Feeling the Love.


It's probably an understatement to say I have a heart addiction. Sounds like something I need treatment for. Maybe I do. Nevertheless, I love hearts! This is one of the reasons that I love Valentine's Day so much! I get to binge on hearts all month long and not be judged as if I think am living in a Disney movie. Ok, maybe people still do but I have a pretty good excuse to let my love for hearts hang out there like a plumber's crack. I was free to wear my heart on my sleeve, in my hair, on my feet, and in my tummy.

Since I couldn't buy Zachary chocolate-shaped hearts I decided to make all of his purees for the month heart-shaped. I'm not sure I'll be able to stop. Cute food is another addiction of mine.
I made lots of heart cookies (made with the recipe from this awesome treat cookbook my mom got me) and yummy dark chocolate cherry glazed brownies with the recipe for Ruche (by Elsie & Emma)  to deliver to loved ones. And a the bow and arrows I made for our little family shoot
I love Starbuck's holiday cups! & a indoor pizza living room picnic with two sick boys
some of our heart decorations. 
As you can see I made lots of heart-shaped food. Holidays make me want to bake lots and eat horrible-for-you delicious foods. 


Sometimes I swear I like the time leading up to holidays more than the holidays themselves. Decorating, crafting, shopping and baking/eating treats to prepare is the fun part. As I said in the previous post our actual Valentine's Day was actually pretty awful. Alas, I still love it. I think all the anticipation of the prep makes you so excited that you will be a little disappointed no matter what. I'm always bummed when the actual day arrives because that means no more month-long celebration. Anyone else?  
 
Now onto celebrating my Irish roots! Or just eating lots of Lucky Charms (marshmallows only, duh!) and wearing one of the three green things I own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment