January 19, 2012

Spicy Whiskey BBQ Sliders


I'm a sucker for a good list. I love them like Hasselhoff loves a good drunken cheeseburger. I think I love them too much. Like, I may spend more time making lists than actually accomplishing things on them. It's a problem. Yet, without the list I am lost and slightly insane. Cause this brain? It's the Energizer Bunny of ideas and tasks. It doesn't even stop long enough for me to write things down usually or finish a thought before another one comes red rovering on over. With these thoughts only taking a fleeting residency in my brain I must jot them down in order to ever have them come to fruition. So ya, I love lists.

One of my favorite lists to make are goal lists. It's fun to sit down and remind yourself of where you want to be as good motivation to get things going. I know fully well that some, or most, many never happen or my goals may change as they have so many times. I mean you people think I change my hair often? I change my mind more than I change my clothes. Don't judge. Speaking of which I just dyed my hair blonder. See what I mean? Anyways...

Back to the point, one of my goals for this year was to try one new recipe a week. Every good Suzie Homemaker needs to start somewhere. I'm hoping that by the end of the year I will become a better cook, eat in more often, and almost burn the house down less. I figured I would share them on here with a rating and link so that any of you who are looking to try out new recipes too can try some of them yourselves.

An Instagram of my 2012 goal list:


For the first week of January I just had to try this DELICIOUS looking recipe by Pioneer Woman. Jalapenos, bourbon, barbeque, and meat all in one scrumptious little meal? Ya, that is pretty much heaven for Dave. (we substituted whiskey for bourbon because it's his fave and because it's a little sweeter)

I have to say that these little sliders are AMAZING!! I mean really, really good! I would suggest that any of you that are having Superbowl parties make these. And don't be surprised if your guests all try to kiss you after having one. Did I mention how good these are?

Ok, so the first meal of the year was a big success! Hooray! (despite the homemade fries that never seemed to fry, but we won't talk about that). And I will give this recipe:
5/5 Cupcakes. Because all food should be judged on a scale based on the greatest food ever =).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm...those sound and look SO tasty! And your post had me cracking up. Can we please be BFFs?! ;)

Kriti said...

OHMYGOD I'm totally with you on the list thing! It drives me nuts and yet keeps me sane. And the sliders look delicious. I have to go find lunch now.

Post a Comment