October 4, 2011

Happy Fall!


It's finally starting to feel like Fall here. It went from 93 degrees in our house last week to cold and rainy yesterday. I just love Fall! Overcast skies are my favorite. I love the moodiness. They are the angsty teenager of skies. It's my ideal light for a shoot. It allows me to shoot pretty much anywhere as it acts like a giant gorgeous soft box.

Zachary and I took this picture the other day to commemorate the changing seasons. Yes, I put him in a suitcase. Being the professional model he is, he didn't mind. Maman Sherry (his grandma/Dave's mom) knew how much I love vintage suitcases so she bought it for me. Super sweet huh? I decorated it with a felt leaf garland I made based on Elsie's DIY.

I love kicking off Fall with my favorite hot seasonal Starbuck's drink. What are your favorite seasonal traditions?

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who loves the moodiness of fall! lol I love this picture, so cute! I'm all about chocolate chip pumpkin bread in the fall, you should try it!

Unknown said...

This picture is so cute! He clearly loves the suitcase too! So cute and happy!

Lady said...

Fall is my favorite time of year... having lived in a place that actually has four distinct seasons, and having missed too many Falls to count, I love having multiple reasons to visit places where the leaves change everywhere you look!

Eva said...

this is sooo cute :), what I love most about fall is the light and mood I get in the woods for images.

Sara said...

This is the time I start buying my ritualistic morning cup of coffee from Starbucks. I'm anxiously awaiting for Gingerbread to make it's appearance. But I love watching Halloween or seasonal themed movies with my kids. :)

Post a Comment