July 18, 2011

Sail Away.


This picture was taken when Zack was just 11 days old but I haven't had the time to do these little doodles until now. It's amazing how big he is getting so quickly. With how much he eats though I'm not surprised. My sweet little chubby boy =)

Though I am sad that he is getting older each day I am enjoying that with each day he interacts a little more. We can now play and he will smile and coo and kick his little legs with excitement. His favorite toy is a wooden spoon that I tied ribbons from, a game I found from a Gymboree book. We do a lot of the same things everyday around the same time. We swing on the porch swing, go on walks, take a bath, play with toys, and then at the end of the night I sing to him while we slow dance for a good 30 minutes as he dozes off. It's pretty sweet. 

I try to sing to him a lot as I did when he was in the womb. It seems to calm him and make him happy. What I didn't realize until the other day is that I am now starting to sing everything instead of saying it. Little bit embarrassing but also a fulfillment of one of my greatest wishes: to live in a musical. I'm just glad no one is around to witness it and thankful he is unable to tell. 

My brother is here for the next week and I couldn't be happier. Zachary and I are really enjoying the time with his Drunkle!

6 comments:

Sailor July said...

This is an adorable picture! LOVE IT!!! I don't even *have* a child, yet I sing everything. ;) Don't be embarrassed!

You are such a cute momma. I love everything you and the little guy do together. I love these posts. :D

Tina said...

I sang a lot too! Now that my boys are older, the singing has gone to the way side. I'd luv to live in a musical too. One of my wishes ... that every time I enter a room or something theatrical happens, music plays. How sweet to have your own theme music?!

Lady said...

I seem to recall that before her second birthday my daughter had listened to Snow White every night for so long that when we saw it in the theatre (my adorable daughter wearing her Snow White flannel costume / pajamas), with a fully packed audience, she sang at the top of her lungs along with Snow White, to every song. At intermission, she was the darling of everyone in the theatre...

I really think that singing everything begins in childhood, but when your days are filled with children, it returns as naturally as it once crept into your dreaming hours...

Rachael said...

Awwww! I love the doodles! I love how good you are at documenting these sweet, fleeting moments. And I LOVE that you sing to him! That's absolutely ideal. I hope I'm like that as a mother some day.

Lea said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is soooooooooooo precious!

Sushi Recipes said...

First time reading much appreciate it

Post a Comment